Saturday, October 1, 2011

Books I Want to Reread

Once a week The Broke and the Bookish posts a "Top Ten Tuesday". I started this book after Tuesday and discovered the "Top Ten Tuesday" posts yesterday but I really wanted to try it and I have nothing to post about today since I just started Beautiful Days by Anna Godbersen (book 2 in the Bright Young Things series) and I plan on reviewing them together. So I am going to pretend it is Tuesday. :)

  1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - I do believe that I will FOREVER reread these books. I couldn't count how many times I have read them already. It's been 12 years since I first picked them up and it will be countless years before my eyes and ears are gone. Even then I will have reread them so many times that I won't need anything but my imagination.
  2. His Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillip Pullman - ('The Golden Compass', 'The Subtle Knife', and 'The Amber Spyglass') I bought the first book when I was in middle school without knowing what it was going to be about. I fell in love.  I've read The Golden Compass a number of times, but it's still been quite a while and I would love to fall back into those amazing worlds another time.
  3. Lives of the Mayfair Witches Trilogy by Anne Rice - ('The Witching Hour', 'Lasher', and 'Taltos') I really love Anne Rices descriptive writing style. Of all her books that I have read, this trilogy was the most captivating.
  4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - I haven't read this book since middle school and with the movie coming out soon, I've had it on my mind.
  5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - The first time I read this, it frustrated me to no end, I hated Cathy with a passion, and  I even threw it across the room a couple of times. After I finished it, I realized that I absolutely LOVE this book. Perhaps the emotion it unsurfaced in me has something to do with that. I want to reread it soon and find out if it still affects me the same.
  6. The Casteel Family Series by V.C. Andrews - (starts with 'Heaven') I read these books during very hard times in my teenage years. I was amazed by these books and read them until they fell apart. I am currently trying to get my hands on them again.
  7. The Dress Lodger by Sheri Holman - My grandmother gave me this book to read in 2007 and I couldn't put it down. I only read it once but have considered it one of my favorite books ever since.
  8. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett - I read this only last year, but I know that I will come back to it again soon.
  9. The Giver by  Lois Lowry - It's been awhile and I can't quite remember it.
  10. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - I would have listed A LOT more classics, but this is one that I want to read again the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment